Production and Marketing Capacity and Certifications:
CECOFA is fair-trade and 4C certified meaning over 70% of its markets is certified. It has capacity to produce over 70 Boxes/ containers annually of fair-trade.
On the left; Fairtrade certificate for CECOFA and right the Executive Director in one of the marketing trips in Brussels, Belgium
- Altitude: 1450 m
- Smallholders: 3 ha on average
- Total area under production: 4,670 ha
- Growing practices: Mountain microorganism fertilizers and shade trees, terraces and post-harvest handling methods used
- Coffee variety: Robusta: Screens 12, 15, 18
- Typical profile: Nutty, woody and creamy cereal notes with a medium to strong body and smooth finish
- Harvest: January-December
- Other certifications: 4C
CECOFA has continued to network both locally, regionally and internationally in trying to access better markets (We exporting to the USA) for its members. Notably CECOFA is also the current Treasurer Fair Trade Network Uganda.
We work with UGACOF & Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd